TRADITIONALLY, LANDERS HALL HAS SERVED AS HOME FOR FIRST-YEAR RESIDENTS. WHEN NEEDED, LANDERS CAN HOUSE BOTH FIRST-YEAR AND UPPER DIVISION RESIDENTS. LANDERS IS LOCATED ON THE NORTH END OF THE BEAUTIFUL WESTERN OREGON UNIVERSITY CAMPUS, JUST NORTH OF THE VALSETZ DINING HALL AND THE RESIDENTIAL SERVICE CENTER.
LANDERS PROVIDES COMFORTABLE LIVING SPACE FOR UP TO 309 RESIDENTS AND 9 RESIDENT ASSISTANTS.
LANDERS HALL STAFF
Please use the links directly below to take a virtual tour and get an “inside” view of both a double and a designated single (VERY limited availability) room in Landers Hall. Scroll further down the page here to see the overhead floorplans for for both single and double designations in Landers Hall.
- 6 Pods with 27 rooms on 3 floors (9 rooms per floor).
- Houses First-Year communities as well as Upper-Division communities.
- Double Rooms: Approximately 175 square feet, with very limited single rooms available as well.
- VERY close, with covered access to the Valsetz Dining Hall and the Residential Service Center.
- Hamersly Library, and the Richard Woodcock Education Center are about a block away.
- The Health and Wellness Center and the main body of campus are just minutes away – well within walking distance.
- There is an additional cost to stay in this hall during Winter and Spring break. See your Residential Contract for details.
Same gender community bathrooms/showers are located on each of the 6 pods of each floor.
One gender-neutral restroom is located within the ground floor lobby.
Updated in 2015, rooms and hallways are carpeted.
There is a common Space/Lounge for community gatherings with TV (cable) and games.
Landers residents also have access to study rooms, free laundry within the facility and high speed wireless internet with tech support.
The Landers Community Kitchen is available for use by Landers and Barnum residents.
All residential students have the opportunity to stream movies to the device of their choice via Res-Life Cinema!