Ackerman Hall Map
OPENED IN THE FALL OF 2010, ACKERMAN IS ONE OF THE MOST ENVIRONMENTALLY SUSTAINABLE RESIDENCE HALLS IN THE NATION!
NESTLED INTO THE GROVE, ACKERMAN IS THE CLOSEST HALL TO THE CENTER OF CAMPUS, AND OFFERS HOUSING FOR BOTH FIRST YEAR AND UPPER-DIVISION RESIDENTS AS WELL AS SMART-CLASSROOM SPACE.
UP TO 315 RESIDENTS AND 10 RESIDENT ASSISTANTS CALL ACKERMAN HOME EACH ACADEMIC YEAR.
Please use the links directly below to take a virtual tour and get an “inside” view inside an Ackerman Hall double room, or to see the lower lounge and common areas of Ackerman Hall. Scroll further down the page here to see the overhead floorplan for both a single and a double layout in Ackerman.
- 4 Floors, 3 Wings per Floor.
- Houses both First-Year and Upperclass students.
- Double Rooms: Approximately 162 square feet.
- Single Rooms (very limited): Approximately 115 square feet.
- Offers Living-Learning Communities designed to provide living and learning space for students with like interests and academic goals.
- Close to Valsetz Dining Hall, the Residential Service Center, Hamersly Library, and the Richard Woodcock Education Center.
- Ackerman offers the closest access to The Health and Wellness Center and the main body of campus.
- There is an additional cost to stay in this hall during Winter and Spring break. See your Residential Contract for details.
- Same gender community bathrooms/showers are located on each floor.
- Two gender-neutral bathrooms are also located on each floor.
- Ackerman rooms and hallways are carpeted.
- Common Space/Lounges, laptop bars and study nooks
- Free laundry for residents within the facility
- High speed wireless internet with tech support
- Community Kitchen available, 4th floor, Arbuthnot Wing
- Equipped with an elevator for easy accessibility.
- All residential students have the opportunity to stream movies to the device of their choice via Res-Life Cinema!