Res-Life Cinema Promotions
Promote your WOU Organization, Club or Event on Res-Life Cinema
When students watch a movie via Res-Life Cinema (the FREE moving streaming service that all residential students have access to while on campus) there are ads – they are called “bumpers” that are included at the start of each movie that viewers cannot fast forward through. University Housing would like to offer this venue to WOU organizations and clubs to use to promote their WOU events with.
Would you like to have your group’s event promoted every time a student watches a movie on any device while on campus?
Then take a look at the information below to see how you can set up your “bumper ad” to promote your next event!
- University Housing has a maximum of 3 “bumper ad” spots available at any one time. Ads are scheduled on a first-come first-served basis, and are only available to promote WOU clubs or organizations and their sponsored events or programs.
- Ads will run prior to the beginning of each movie a student views.
- You can submit a static image (will show for 15 seconds) or a video that is 15 to 30 seconds maximum in length.
- Posting of submitted materials is subject to the discretion of University Housing. If content is deemed “inappropriate”, you will be notified by email and could face disciplinary action.
ABOUT THOSE FILES
- You can submit either a static image file or a short video to promote your organization/event. (See below for technical parameters).
- REMEMBER – keep your promotion short and to the point. Do not use a lot of text and when you do use text – use large text size and simple, easy to read fonts.
- Videos must be a MAXIMUM of 30 seconds in length (we suggest between 15 and 30 seconds), and look best in 16:9 ratio (1920X1080 or 1280 X720 pixels).
- We accept videos in mp4 format. (If you are creating something in Power Point, you can save your final version as an mp4 video file) or just send us your YouTube file link!
- If needed, consider captioning your video. (YouTube captions automatically).
- Need some further assistance? Contact the Digital Media Center in the Hamersly Library for further assistance with your promotional video/graphics.
- Alternatively you can submit a static image for your promotion. It too will look best if it’s size is 16:9 ratio (1920X1080 or 1280 X720 pixels). It will be most visible in landscape format, with limited amounts of large text. Your image file will show for 10-15 seconds.
- We accept images in jpg, gif and png formats.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Fill out the form below!
Contact University Housing