Fall Move In
September 18th, 2022
The start of something great.
Fall Term Move In:
Students will move into the Residence Halls September 18, 2022
Fall Term 2022 officially starts with the opening of the residence halls, and residential move-in, scheduled this year to take place on Sunday, September 18.
Students will then get to participate in PACK Welcome Week. A full week of fun activities to get you acclimated to campus. Learn more HERE.
Fall classes start Monday, September 26.
COVID VACCINE COMPLIANCE DETAILS
WE EXPECT that COVID COMPLIANCE for the 2022-2023 Academic Year will require students to be in compliance with WOU’s Vaccination Policy prior to moving into your 2022-23 academic year room.
This means that students must be FULLY VACCINATED or have an APPROVED EXEMPTION on file with Student Health and Counseling.* The SHCC will notify us of the status of compliance status of students prior to move-in. If you are not in compliance – YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHECK INTO YOUR ROOM .
* Proof of vaccine or exemption form must be submitted to the Student Health & Counseling Center.
Tentative Timeline and Details
CONTRACT AND PLACEMENT INFORMATION
For all students who do not select a space, you can look online (your Housing Overview page. Look for “University Housing Overview”) to see what hall you are placed in as well as who your roommate will be. Any other changes made to placement information throughout the summer will show up on your Housing Overview as well.
- Electronic contracts (which include your Meal Plan selection) and an Emergency Information Form for you to read and electronically submit are expected to be available in late July, and due to be submitted no later than mid-August. NOTE: BOTH of these items MUST be completed PRIOR to your check-in appointment.
- You should plan to submit your signed contract and Emergency Information upon receipt to hold your housing reservation.
- Log onto your Portal and look for “University Housing Overview” to access these important documents!
- Contracts NOT received by Move-In Week may be subject to cancellation of housing reservation.
- Don’t forget your COVID Vaccine Compliance – It will be REQUIRED to move into your room this fall. Read more on the Student Health and Counseling Center site.
Use Your Checklist. Pack and Get Ready to move to campus! You think that you have plenty of time, but the months leading to Fall Term will FLY by – so get organized and packed ahead of time!
- Don’t forget your COVID Vaccine Compliance – It is REQUIRED to move into your room this fall. Read more on the Student Health and Counseling Center site.
NOTE: THERE ARE MICRO-FRIDGES IN ALL ROOMS with the exception of ARBOR PARK! (The Arbor Park Apartments – Cedar, Noble and Spruce have full-sized refrigerator-freezers in each kitchen). PLEASE do NOT bring a microwave/refrigerator with you to campus!
Want to know how big your micro-fridge is? Use the links below to access the micro-fridge spec sheet for your hall.
- Micro-Fridge Single and Double Residential Rooms (Ackerman, Heritage, and Landers Halls)
MOVE-IN is currently scheduled to take place Sunday, September 18 .
Students will proceed to their hall assignment to check into their room or apartment as follows: (Current check-in locations are marked with a yellow star on the campus map).
- ACKERMAN – (D-4 on the campus map) Check-In at the Ackerman Hall Lobby
- ARBOR PARK – (D-2 on the campus map) Check-In at Sequoia Commons
- HERITAGE – (E-3 on the campus map) Check-In at the Heritage Hall Lobby
- LANDERS – (D-3 on the campus map) Check-In TBD
Plans Change? Contact University Housing asap!
PACK Welcome Week – will offer fun and educational events to orient you to campus and provide opportunities for you to really experience campus life as you dive into Fall Term!
PACK Welcome Week at Western Oregon Univesity has traditionally been filled with fun, informative and interactive envents – ALL designed to set you up to succeed academically and emerse you within the life of the campus.
Check the PACK Welcome Week website for details!
You have Questions, We have Answers!
– or –
Leave a comment!
Give us your feedback to make Moving to Campus a smoother experience!