Common Questions (and Answers)-2

  • WHERE DO I GET MY PARKING PERMIT? Check your WOU email for updates regarding availability of parking permits. Parking permits are expected to go on sale in early September. Look for an email from Parking Services with details about how to purchase online. UP UNTIL NEW STUDENT WEEK – Your parking permit will be mailed to your residential RSC Box and you can get them when you arrive on campus.
  • Cost for Parking Permits varies depending upon which type of permit you select. See Parking Permits and Fees.  Student permits can be mailed to your RSC box, alternatively, permits purchased during NSW can be picked up in the Cashiers Office in the Lieuallen Admin Building (E-5 on the Campus Map) with Student  ID.
  • HOW LONG DO I HAVE, AFTER I MOVE IN, TO GET MY PARKING PERMIT ON MY VEHICLE? University Public Safety allows students a “grace period” of approximately one week after check in day in September before they start ticketing vehicles without parking permits. If you move in at any other time during the year, your permit needs to be on your vehicle the day you move in.
  • IS THERE A COMPUTER HOOK UP IN MY ROOM? In addition to wireless service, the residential complex is also hard-wired for computer hookups in all of the rooms. You will need to know your student account information before you can access the network. To obtain your student account information, go to the website: If you have problems, please visit or call the Residential Computer Lab (503-838-9201) located in the main lobby of the Residential Service Center. Once you have your student account information, you can simply open a web browser on your computer and follow the instructions. If you need help connecting to the network, or would like a virus removed, these services are provided at NO ADDITIONAL COST to residents by the Residential Computer Lab staff.
  • DO I NEED A SEPARATE DATA LINE? No, in addition to wireless service, each room has been hard-wired for all residents to have access to the WOU network.
  • WHAT IS THE COST FOR HAVING RESIDENTIAL COMPUTING CONNECT MY COMPUTER TO THE WOU NETWORK?  If you choose to do so, you can connect your computer to the network on your own – Instructions are provided. Once you have your student account information, you can simply open a web browser on your computer and follow the instructions if you wish to connect your computer yourself. If you have questions about computer requirements, your network connection in your room, or if you need assistance getting your computer connected to the WOU network, please feel free to call Residential Computing at 503-838-9201, stop by the Residential Computer Lab (located in the RSC) or visit the Residential Computing Website.
  • WHEN AND WHERE DO I PAY MY FEES? Fees are paid according to the fee payment schedule during the first week of classes each term. Most fees can be paid on-line via the Wolf Web.

PAGE 1/3



University Housing

(503) 838-8311 | or e-mail:  | Location: Ground floor of Ackerman Hall