Common Questions (and Answers) – 3

  • DO I HAVE TO PAY ALL AT ONCE? No. You can make a choice of three payment options:- Pay for the entire year in one payment.- Pay only for each term – during that term.- Use the Revolving Payment Plan to split the term charges into thirds.Contact the Business Office (503-838-8201) for a Revolving Charge statement of policy. All room and board fees must be paid in full by the end of each term to be eligible for housing the following term or year.
  • WHERE IS THE BOOKSTORE? The bookstore is located in the Werner University Center. See the Campus Map.
  • CAN WE HAVE PETS? Aquarium Fish with gills and scales are the only pets allowed in the residence halls. Please note that aquarium size is limited to 10 gallons, and there is a limit of one aquarium per resident.
  • WILL I BE ABLE TO KEEP MY SAME ROOM AND ROOMMATES ALL YEAR LONG? Your residential student contract with us is for the entire academic year. As such, barring any difficulties, the room and roommate that are assigned to you will stay the same throughout that contract year.
  • DO I HAVE TO MOVE MY BELONGINGS OUT DURING WINTER AND SPRING BREAK? The residence halls DO close during winter and spring break when there are no classes on campus. Staff is limited and food service in the residence halls generally ends with the closure of the halls for the break. However, there is NO need to MOVE all of your belongings out at the end of a term, and then move them back in at the beginning of the next term, if you will still be attending classes at WOU that following term. (With the exception of the closing of the halls at the end of the academic year in June each year. ALL students MUST move out and take all of their belongings with them at that time.) Students can sign up to stay on campus during these breaks as well. With the exception of Arbor Park residents (break fees are built into their apartment rates), a separate fee for each break is assessed for residents who sign up to stay in the halls for all or any part of winter or spring break.
  • CAN I GET A ROOM TO MYSELF? For the 2021-22 Academic year, single rooms are available, on a first-come, first-served basis, at a higher rate. If you were not able to choose or be placed in a single room, contact University Housing with a request to be added to a waitlist for a single accommodation. 
  • I’M INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED ON CAMPUS. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT ABOUT CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS? For information on activities and organizations on Campus contact the Residence Hall Association office at 503-838-8561, or visit their website at: The RHA office is located in the South Sister Annex – below the Valsetz Dining Hall. For involvement in other campus opportunities, contact the Student Leadership and Activities Office on line at at 503-838-8659. For information on student clubs see the following webpage: Life at WOU. For information on involvement within your living community, contact your Resident Assistant.
  • IS THERE A STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OFFICE ON CAMPUS? Yes. Contact the Service Learning and Career Development Office located on the lower floor in the Werner University Center.They can be reached on line at: Service Learning and Career Development Or contact them via telephone at: 503-838-8432, or email:

PAGE 1/2



University Housing

(503) 838-8311 | or e-mail:  | Location: Ground floor of Ackerman Hall