M.S. Rehabilitation Counseling
Steps in applying to MS RC program:
- Apply to be a WOU graduate student ($60 fee)
- Apply to MS RC program
Deadlines and key dates:
- Priority Application Deadline February 1st
- Completed applications received after the priority deadline will be considered until the cohort is full.
Detailed application requirements:
Apply for WOU Graduate admission:
- Complete WOU Application for Graduate Admission online.
- $60 application fee
- Evidence of completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree (or international equivalent) from regionally accredited institution as defined by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars, with a cumulative B average (equivalent 3.00 on a U.S. 4.00 grading scale) on the most recent baccalaureate degree. If the applicant’s cumulative GPA is below 3.00, but a calculation using the last 90 quarter credits (60 semester credits) of graded course work is 3.0 or higher, the latter will be used as the basis for admission. Applicants who hold a master’s degree will have the 3.0 GPA requirement waived.
- GPA requirement: Students with less than 3.0 can also provide passing MAT/GRE scores to be fully admitted. A student who has an undergraduate GPA of 2.50 to 2.99 can be admitted conditionally for the first 9 credit hours. Students can petition for conditional graduate admission via the graduate student general petition located on the graduate office website. *Conditionally admitted students will not be able to receive financial aid until they become fully admitted students and a program plan is on file.
Apply for MS RC admission:
- Program application submitted concurrently with WOU graduate application. Submit program application to:
Richard Woodcock Building, RM139
Western Oregon University
345 N. Monmouth Avenue
Monmouth, OR 97361
- Complete an interview by the RC program admissions committee:
Interview with team from Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counselor Education. On campus Interviews is scheduled beginning in March by invitation.
Process: You will be notified via email regarding acceptance status by June. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will be notified via email if you are missing any application components.