University Housing Accommodation Information
University Housing Accommodations
University housing accommodations are processed through the Office of Disability Services (ODS) at Western Oregon University (WOU). If you are requesting disability accommodations for University Housing, you must be registered with ODS and provide documentation for review that supports your request.
Steps for Requesting University Housing Accommodations
- Apply for University Housing at : Applications – Housing and Dining
- Apply for accommodations at: Apply – Office of Disability Services
- Provide documentation of your disability to ODS
- If your existing documentation does not address your disability related needs in housing, please have a Qualified Licensed Professional* complete the ODS HOUSING DOCUMENTATION FORM or the qualified licensed provider may address the questions listed in the form in a formal letter on professional letterhead.
- If you are requesting an Emotional Support Animal (ESA) in housing, you must have a Qualified Licensed Professional* complete the ESA FORM or the qualified licensed provider may address the questions listed in the form in a formal letter on professional letterhead.
- Once ODS receives the completed AIM application and supporting documentation, ODS will reach out to you to schedule an appointment to be sure fully understand your individual disability related accommodation needs in campus housing.
- If accommodations are approved, the Office of Disability Services will make the recommendation for accommodation to University Housing.
Housing accommodations are based on the disability-related need and room availability, accommodations are not for a specific residence hall. Placement is dependent upon availability of rooms that meet your specific need, in addition to your University housing application date.
A *Qualified Licensed Professional must have expertise in the disability diagnosis and follow established best practices in the field.
We recommend you complete the above steps before the deadlines
- New students coming in Fall term: Deadline is June 30, 2020
- New students coming in Winter, Spring or Summer term: Deadline is 60 days prior to the start of the next term.