There are many variations to Alternative Testing for students registered at ODS and approved for Alternative Testing accommodations. Some students may receive one or more of the following accommodations….
- 1.5 times the regular amount of time
- 2.0 times the regular amount of time
- Room Alone
- Limited Distraction
- Calculator as permitted by instructor
Before a student can schedule an alternative test, the student must request the accommodation in AIM after completing their orientation with a ODS Staff member. After that, their professors must fill out a testing agreement for each of their classes. One testing contract will cover all the exams or tests offered in that class. Alternative test must be scheduled through the AIM system 3 BUSINESS days in advance. Alternative tests should be scheduled at the same time the class is taking the exam, unless the professor has indicated on the testing contract otherwise.
ALTERNATIVE TESTING POLICY
Once approved for Alternative Testing, please review the information below to understand the procedure and policies in regard to scheduling and taking your tests at the Office of Disability Services:
- The Office of Disability Services (ODS) administers alternative testing to students with disabilities who are approved for services.
- Students will be asked to schedule an orientation with ODS which explains the process for requesting alternative testing. This orientation can take place multiple times, at the students’ request.
- Alternative testing requests must be submitted through AIM three (3) business days in advance of the requested test date. It is important that students show up on time to take full advantage of the extended testing time. Penalties for lateness are at the discretion of each faculty member. Questions regarding penalties for lateness should be addressed with the professor directly.
- Personal items such as backpacks, cell phones, jackets, ect. will be stored in a secured area in the ODS office. Each alternative testing contract will state what is allowed for each exam.
- Cellphones, smartwatches, cameras, laptops, or any gadgets are NOT allowed in the testing room.
- Hats, books, calculators, translators, or notebooks will be checked before each exam.
- The use of internet is NOT allowed on any devices during the exam.
- No children are allowed in the testing room.
- Proctors must be notified when a student leaves the testing room.
- Students are encouraged to notify staff members if:(a) the environment is distracting
(b) they have a special need
(c) they have any questions or concerns