Family Friendly Attractions
We have done a little research and found some kid-friendly attractions that are great for kids – and kids at heart!
- Family Days Out – A local resource. Use it as a reference to find out more information.
- Polk County Fairgrounds – Of course there is The Fair (August 10-12 this year) – but check it out and see what else they have going on!
- Mid-Valley Parenting – Find out about classes and events in Polk, Yamhill and Marion Counties
HIKING & OUTDOORS
- Peavy Arboretum – A beautiful and fun place to hike. Located south on 99 between Monmouth and Corvallis. See their Arboretum Brochure for details.
- Baskett Slough – A National Wildlife Refuge located just off Hi-way 22 North and West of Monmouth. See a map
MUSIC & THE ARTS
- Young at Art – An arts & crafts studio for artists of all ages.
- Music in the Park-Monmouth – Summer music series held in the Main Street Park, Monmouth. Concerts are every Wednesday evening in July in August.
- Music & Movies in the Park-Independence – A little something for everyone in the Amphitheater in nearby Independence.
JUST FOR KIDS – OR KIDS AT HEART
- AC Gilbert House Children’s Museum
- Salem’s Riverfront Carousel
- Get Air-Salem – An indoor Trampoline Park
- Rogue Farms – This is a terrific hopyard farm, and sure they serve locally crafted beer here (food is available as well), but they also have fun activities
for kids – including checking out the resident farm animals!