Need gear to get outside? We’ve got it ready for you at prices you can afford. Campus Recreation has just the right gear for you to take on your own adventure.
Our outdoor equipment rental program exists to serve the WOU community. In order to rent equipment individuals must present their current WOU ID Card. Without proof of affiliation with WOU, equipment will not be rented. Equipment may only be rented for 21 days per rental.
- Equipment is checked out at the HWC front desk upon availability of that equipment on a first come first serve basis.
- Any equipment checked out under your account becomes your responsibility and must be returned by you, the renter.
- Renters will be required to sign a rental agreement form that includes a statement indicating it is the renter´s responsibility to know how to properly use, operate, secure and maintain the equipment.
- It is the responsibility of the renter to inspect equipment being rented for any previous damage and note this on the rental agreement.
- Individuals should allow adequate time to inspect equipment for previous damage. Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the equipment check out process.
- No fee or payment will be required at time of check out.
- Returned equipment must be checked in at the HWC front desk.
- Equipment must be returned during HWC open hours. All rentals spanning an HWC closure (holidays, breaks, etc) will accrue rental fees. It is the renter’s responsibility to check the HWC schedule to ensure the facility is open the same days check out and return are desired.
- Individuals should allow adequate time for rental returns. Please allow a minimum of 30 minutes for the check in process.
- Damage fees may be assessed upon further set up and inspection of equipment.
- Your rental agreement form will be completed upon check in.
► Pre-Reserve Equipment
- Equipment may be pre-reserved via email to Campus Recreation up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Email must contain the specific gear requested with quantity, sizes, dates of reservation and individual’s V-number.
- If the pre-reservation does not come through the email request method or is not confirmed via email, the equipment rental is considered first come first serve.
- Failure to pick-up pre-reserved equipment by time of reservation may result in the equipment being rented to others as first come first serve.
- Pre-reservations may only include up to 3 of each item. (ie: 3 tents, 3 sleeping bags, 3 sets of trekking poles etc.)
- Upon check out at the HWC front desk, renter may add additional pieces of equipment if available.
- All other check-out and check-in policies apply.
- Rental fees are estimated at check-out.
- Payment is required at time of check-in (cash or check only).
► Damage/Replacement Fees
- If the equipment is damaged upon return, the cost of the repairs will be assessed and charged to the renter’s WOU account. If the equipment is irreparable or missing items are not returned the cost of the replacement value of the equipment will be charged to the renter’s WOU account.
- Replacement values may vary upon retail availability/pricing.
- All lost or damaged equipment is subject to a fine.
- It is the responsibility of the individual to ensure they have adequate transportation and in some cases, storage, for the equipment.
- If the equipment is not returned within 7 days of the expected return date the replacement value of the unreturned equipment will be charged to the renter´s WOU account.
- The renter will receive an email notification informing them of any charges.