As a volunteer Advisory Committee member, you will have the opportunity to provide a fresh, informed perspective on the shaping of programs and culture. We will be reviewing and making recommendations on a number of activities and scheduling issues, which will determine the success of the facilities and future growth capacity. We are looking for student leaders who are passionate about learning, yearn to implement change, and care about helping other students achieve their potential.
About the Committee
Campus Recreation is part of the Division of Student Affairs.
The Campus Recreation Advisory Committee consists of:
- Student – (Voting members)
Not less than 4 and up to 8 student representatives
Each area will have a minimum of one representative (HWC, IM, Club Sports, and Athletics)
No more than two representatives are allowed from each area (HWC, IM, Club Sports, or Athletics)
(each student will serve for a 1-year term) – General appointments
- Faculty/Staff – (Voting members)
Not less than 1 and up to 2 Faculty/Staff representative(s)
Faculty/Staff member representative(s) will hold a current Health and Wellness Center membership
(each Faculty/Staff member will serve a 1-year term) – General appointments
- Ex-Officio – (Non-voting members)
Campus Recreation Director
Asst. Campus Recreation Director(s)
- Proven leadership and analytical skills
- Self-motivated team player
- Positively and productively communicate about college students’ concerns and needs.
- Work to influence the direction of existing and future programs for all members.
- Consistently attend all meetings which will occur up to two times during fall, winter and/or spring terms for approximately 1-2 hours.
All members will be expected to fill one academic year and are strongly encouraged to re-apply each year.
Voting members consist of no less than five and up to ten general appointed students and faculty/staff members. The Chair will be the tie-breaking vote if needed. A quorum of ½ +1 voting members must be present when calling for a vote.
- Meeting days and times will be determined at the beginning of each term.
- The Committee Chair will be selected the first meeting by the committee members or may be carried over from the previous year if desired. It will be their responsibility to run the meeting and assign duties to committee members if needed.
- It is Campus Recreation’s responsibility to record meeting notes, compile, and distribute meeting minutes via email to committee members within one week of the meeting.
Applicants must be enrolled students or employed faculty/staff at Western Oregon University.
How to Apply
Students, faculty or staff desiring to be a part of the Advisory Committee need to email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application. Applications become available at the start of fall academic term and the selection process will during the month of October for the upcoming year. Current members are always strongly encouraged to re-apply. All applications will need to be turned into the Health and Wellness Center front desk during fall recruitment. Email, personal connections, an electronic advertisement indicating applications are being accepted will be displayed during the fall term.
Committee Past Structure
The Campus Recreation Advisory Committee has made adjustments over its history to its internal membership to best fit the student’s voice and representation. The changes are listed here. 2011, 2013, 2017, 2019.
2011-2019 Meeting minutes
February 18, 2011
February 25, 2011
March 4, 2011
February 3, 2012
February 24, 2012
May 18, 2012
May 14, 2014
May 21, 2014
November 25, 2014
December 2, 2014
February 13, 2015
January 15, 2016
January 18, 2016
January 11, 2017
February 15, 2017
March 15, 2017
May 5, 2017
May 19, 2017
Turf Field Usage Report and Policies 2011-2017
January 12, 2018
January 23, 2018
April 27, 2018
January 18, 2019
May 3, 2019
December 2, 2019
December 6, 2019