Academic Success Course
The Academic Success Course is a two (2) credit course designed to develop strategies necessary for success at the university level.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Discover personally effective tools to manage time and utilize those strategies in daily life.
- Self-assess strengths/weaknesses, analyze thoughts and insights, and develop a personalized plan for the future.
- Learn and develop personally effective learning strategies such as studying, test-taking, and note-taking.
- Think critically and communicate effectively with peers and professors.
- Calculate, identify, and construct personal and professional goals that are applicable to their future success and imminent endeavors.
- Identify, access, and utilize resources across Western’s campus.
- Be able to successfully present 5-10 minute presentations on a topic of their choosing.
For more information contact the instructor(s) of the course in the Student Success and Advising office.