International Baccalaureate (IB) policy
Western Oregon University recognizes and awards IB achievement by awarding credit to students who score 5 or above on higher-level IB exams.
Please visit wou.edu/catalog for WOU’s IB program credit guidelines.
Students completing the full IB Diploma with a score of 30 or higher receive the following:
- Guaranteed admission to WOU. Students are required to submit ACT (including writing) or SAT scores for placement purposes.
- Provost’s Scholarship. A renewable four-year award of $2,500 per year will be awarded. Students will also automatically be considered for other WOU scholarships provided they meet application deadlines.
- Sophomore standing
- Honors Program membership
- Priority Housing. Students who submit their housing application by June 25 will receive priority placement in the residence halls.
- Study Abroad and International Internship Programs. WOU will provide IB Diploma recipients with customized workshops focused on their international interests and needs and help match them with a WOU study abroad program or international internship. For a list of WOU international study opportunities, check out International Education and Development’s Study Abroad program.
- Personalized advising and support in preparing applications for awards such as the Fulbright Student Program, the Rhodes Scholarship and the Harry S. Truman Scholarship.