Prior to Aid Disbursement You Must:
- Sign and return one copy of your financial aid award letter.
- Complete promissory notes if you have been awarded a loan and you accept your loan offer. You will be notified if you need to complete a new promissory note.
Promissory note: The promissory note for the Direct Stafford Loan is a multi-year note that in most cases can be used for multiple years of borrowing provided you meet certain conditions and do not have a long break in borrowing. Promissory notes can be completed at www.studentloans.gov.
Disclosure statement: You will be sent a disclosure notification from the Direct Loan Origination Center prior to the disbursement of your loan. The disclosure statement will include specific information about the loan type, origination fees, loan amount and anticipated disbursement dates.
- Complete entrance loan counseling online at www.studentloans.gov for Stafford loans and at www.mappingyourfuture.org for Perkins loans.
If You Receive Federal Financial Aid, You Should Also Review:
- Your Rights
- Your Responsibilities
- Your Fee Payment Options
Other Important Information:
- Federal Student Aid Information Center 1-800-433-3243
- WOU Federal School Code 003209