Remote IP: (none!)
- All currently enrolled students (One (1) or more credit hours) and WOU faculty/staff are eligible to participate.
- A student who would be barred from varsity athletics because of professionalism (if otherwise eligible) shall be barred from the intramural sport or related sports in which he/she has participated as a professional.
- An individual receiving a letter from any four-year college or university may be ineligible to participate in that intramural sport or related sports. Restrictions may be in effect as to level of play permitted, number of former letter winners, or sport club members permitted per team. Such restrictions may be in effect for up to three (3) years. In some activities, former letter winners may be able to participate in on-campus play but are ineligible to participate in regional play.
- Any individual who is a member of a varsity, JV, or freshman squad, who is presently ineligible for varsity competition, but is practicing regularly with the varsity or freshman (red shirt) shall be considered a member of the squad. Individuals on partial or full scholarship but not practicing or competing must petition to the Director of Campus Recreation to be granted eligibility for intramurals. If an individual who is a member of a varsity/JV/freshman squad is cut from that team, he/she may petition for eligibility. A person who is on the roster of an intercollegiate team as of the 1st day of the current term or the 1st scheduled intercollegiate contest of that season may not participate in that sport or related sport(s) on an intramural level that intramural season. If a person has participated in an intercollegiate season game/match during the current academic year, that person is not eligible in that sport or related sports.
- Members of university sponsored club sports teams are eligible to participate in intramurals in that sport. However, restrictions similar to those under paragraph one of the varsity members section may be in effect. Exceptions to these rules will be noted on the activity information sheets for both varsity and club players.
- Teams/individuals may be dropped after a second forfeit during competition. Players who are on teams dropped due to excessive forfeits are not eligible to be picked up and participate on another team in that sport during that season.
One Team Rule:
- A participant may represent only one team in a given activity. After entering one contest with a given team, a player may not transfer to another team in that sport. Any other team using this individual will forfeit all the games in which this individual was involved and will be placed on probation. Violation of this rule may result in suspension of the individual's intramural sports participation for a full term. An individual may play on a men's/women's team plus a co-rec team and not be in violation of the one-team rul
- Roster additions are allowed through the roster addition deadline date established for each sport. Roster additions must be completed a minimum of twenty four (24) hours prior to initial participation. All players must be on the roster prior to the initial participation. Any team using a player who is not on their roster will forfeit any games in which that player participated and the player may be suspended for up to a full term.
- All participants must bring current valid WOU student ID to each and every game.
- Any player using an assumed name must be pointed out to an intramural supervisor or official during the contest. The player's identity must be verified at that time by the supervisor or official. Any player using an assumed name may be barred from all intramural sports for that term. If the player is a member of a team, the team shall forfeit all games/matches in which he/she played under an assumed name.
- Any player ejected from an intramural contest for unsportsmanlike conduct or flagrant abuse of the opponent or official is automatically suspended for a minimum; from the next game his/her team plays. If playing in 2 leagues or sports, the player may not play in any game until the original suspension is served (i.e. playing on a men's and a co-rec league/team or a basketball and soccer league/team). Ejected players must leave the playing area immediately and may not be at the playing venue while suspended.
- Spouses of students/faculty/staff may play in co-recreational leagues with their spouse.