Course of Study
- ED 655 Foundations of Literacy (3)
- ED 667 Language Development of Reading (3) OR
- ED 684 Language Acquisition & Educational Linguistics in the ESOL/Bilingual Classroom (3)
- ED 668 Assessment and Instruction and Reading (3)
- ED 672 Practicum I: Leadership in the School Reading Program (3)
- ED 689 Contemporary Issues in Literature (3) OR other course substitution approved by advisor
- ED 640 Literacy: Inquiry, Theory, and Informed Practice (3) OR other course substitution approved by advisor
- ED 609 Practicum in Reading II (3)
- ED 609 Practicum in Reading III (3)
- ED 633 and ED 635 are suggested pre-requisite for MSED students
Reading Endorsement completion requirements:
- Meet with an advisor to confirm practicum experience. The International Reading Association (IRA) Standards for Reading Professionals must be met by the completion of practicum experience. Here is a list of IRA standards from Read Oregon: http://readoregon.org/IRAstandards.htm
- If you are a Master of Science in Education student, confirm program completion with advisor (section III of the program plan).
- Complete 18 credits (ED 655, ED 684, or ED 687, ED 668, ED 672, ED 689, ED 637, or other approved courses) and ED 609.
- Pass the Reading PRAXIS exam (20300): go to http://www.ets.org/praxis for more information.