- Degree: Master of Science in Rehabilitation Counseling
- College: College of Education
- Department: Special Education
Program applications are reviewed February 15 through March 15 (or until slots are filled), and on-campus interviews are generally held late April and early May. Early application is recommended. RCE program staff generally interview 25 to 35 prospective students each spring, accepting 12 to 15 new students each year.
Notice of acceptance to the program is usually sent by June. You must be accepted by both the university and the RCE program before beginning your graduate studies in Rehabilitation Counseling.
Graduate Programs Application Requirements
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form. Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building room 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of undergraduate coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) average score of 450 or higher on the Verbal and Quantitative and a 3.5 or higher on Analytical Writing.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
Rehabilitation Counseling Application Requirements
A Rehabilitation Counselor Education program application must be submitted to the Rehabilitation Counselor Admission Committee. Link to the printable application packet (requires Adobe Reader ) or request a packet from the Rehabilitation Counselor Education program at 503-838-8444 (V/TTY) or email@example.com. Follow the printed instructions to return the completed program application to the Rehabilitation Counselor Education Program.
All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.