All forms require Adobe Reader ™ to save and create your digital signature.
- Degree: Master of Music in Contemporary Music
- College: College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Department: Music
For Fall 2013 entry into the M.M. degree program, priority consideration will be given to application materials received by: Monday, February 4, 2013. Applications will also be considered throughout the year.
WOU Graduate School Office – Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed WOU Application for Graduate Admission form . Submit this form to the Graduate Office, Administration Building office 202. Students must be admitted to the WOU Graduate School before being considered for admission to the program. Submit all WOU Graduate School application materials to the Graduate Office at least one week prior to the program admission deadline.
- Sealed official transcripts from the university that granted your bachelor's degree and from all other institutions of higher education where you completed coursework. A GPA of 3.0 in the last 90 quarter hours (60 semester hours) of undergraduate of coursework is required. Those with less than a 3.0 GPA can be admitted with MAT or GRE scores (see below for requirement).
- Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or Graduate Record Exam (GRE) score. If the applicant's GPA is 3.0 or higher, the test requirement is waived. If the GPA is less than 3.0, minimum required score for the (a) MAT: 395 or higher; (b) average score of 450 or higher on the Verbal and Quantitative and a 3.5 or higher on Analytical Writing.
- $50 non refundable application fee
Direct all inquires to the Graduate Office. Note: A health history report is required of all new, full-time students. International students must provide proof of proficiency in the English language (see International Student link) to apply to the WOU graduate program.
Music Admission Requirements
To apply to the Music Department M.M. program applicants must:
- Hold an earned BM or BA/BS in Music at an accredited institution.
- Complete and submit the M.M. Application form from the WOU Department of Music. There is not a fee for the Department of Music Application.
- Submit three written recommendations from persons who know the applicant's professional and personal qualifications, at least one of which must be from a professor/professional in the proposed emphasis of study.
- Provide a writing sample (e.g., research paper, thesis, etc.). The writing sample will provide the evaluators with information concerning the potential of the applicant to successfully handle the academic component of the graduate degree. Evaluators will review the sample for command of English, the ability to present an argument in a cogent manner, and evidence of critical thinking.
- Optional: For those applying for a Graduate Teaching Assistantship, complete and submit the Graduate Teaching Assistantship Application and two copies of the Graduate Evaluation Form.
- Submit the following materials based on applicant's area of emphasis only:
- Graduate Placement Exams (GPE)