TOGETHER WE Design Guide
The TOGETHER WE graphic treatment is a complement to the WOU standard Graphic Identity Guide and should be used for 2017-18.
The TOGETHER WE design heavily utilizes colors from WOU’s current university graphic standards. However, WOU gray should be used more frequently for large color elements.
- Primary colors: WOU Red and White
- Secondary colors: Black, WOU Gray and WOU Silver
- See the full color details at: http://wou.edu/marcom/publications/logoidentity-guide/
Typography is important in conveying message and overall look. The university’s standard typefaces have been chosen for readability and ability to pair with the university’s logos.
- Primary: Avenir (Lt Std) [Arial is an alternate]
- Secondary: Minion [Garamond is an alternate]
- Avoid: most script typefaces
The TOGETHER WE SUCCEED tagline should appear on all materials. There are two primary options to add the tagline to your design: 1. As part of the primary university mark, 2. Using the corner sticker – see below.
University mark and tagline
The primary university mark has been adapted to include the TOGETHER WE SUCCEED tagline. The tagline should never be manually added. Always use a downloaded version.
- Download logos with tagline
- Colors: multiple options exist
- Note: The primary logo is only directly paired with TOGETHER WE SUCCEED
- For use of additional taglines, use the standard university or your department-specific logo and a corner sticker (below).
- The university’s graphic standards should always be applied.
Corner Sticker – main graphic element
Size and position
- Color portion must be a minimum of 2 inches wide
- Must be in the bottom right corner – bleed preferred, not required
- When a bleed is not an option, position as close to printable edge as possible (1/4 inch margin suggested)
- WOU Red or full black ONLY
Text options (no other phrases should be used in the corner sticker)
- TOGETHER WE SUCCEED (standard)
- TOGETHER WE ACHIEVE
- TOGETHER WE LEARN
- TOGETHER WE ENGAGE
- TOGETHER WE LEAD
- TOGETHER WE THRIVE
- Safe Zone: ¼ inch
- Text should match angle when possible
Heavy use of photography is encouraged, specifically highlighting people.
- Photos should convey togetherness, groups, diversity, community
- Photos can be found in the photo section of our toolkit.
- To ensure proper usage of the brand and graphic treatment, templates can be found in our Downloads.
- Request graphic design support by completing the “Work Request Form” at wou.edu/marcom. Select “graphic design” from the drop down.