M.S. Management & Information Systems
Where this degree can take you:
- Business Management
- Business Analyst
- Teaching at the college level
- Advancement in current IT career
To start, you need:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Completion of required UG courses
- Knowledge of programming language widely used in industry
Finishing will take:
- 2 years
- Can be finished in as few as four terms
- 48 credits
- A professional project
Begin your MS in Management and Information Systems program:
- Winter 2020
Where you will take classes:
- On campus
Technology you will need:
- Computer with internet connection
What you will learn:
This program is designed to provide students with a mature foundation of business concepts and practices together with theoretical knowledge of the fundamental disciplines and practices that enable modern information systems. Courses are designed and taught by content experts, with Business courses taught by Business faculty and Information Systems courses taught by Computer Science faculty.
Students in this program will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the core foundational computing principles that underlie modern information systems.
- Demonstrate the technical communication skills needed to interact with IT industry professionals.
- Learn fundamental business practices (e.g., accounting, finance, data analysis, management, and marketing) which will enhance their ability to understand a business’s information needs and to develop better systems to address those needs.