Jump to: Test information | Advising | Curriculum schedule | Application
Fall Cohort is full-time (3 terms): in Fall, Winter & Spring
Third Friday of the preceding Winter term, 5 p.m.
Spring Cohort is full-time (3 terms): in Spring, Fall and Winter
Third Friday of the preceding Fall term, 5 p.m.
To begin the application process, please complete the steps to present
all the required documents and forms to the College
Step 1: All prospective
Step 2: Undergraduates:
with an adviser in the Academic Advising and Learning Center and identify yourself as a pre-education major. You will work with the AALC Advisors for your Freshman and Sophomore Years. Be sure to complete all pre-education coursework as identified by your advisor.
- During the last term of your Sophomore year bring a "Phase Transfer" form from the AALC, to our Education Programs Advisor, Andrea Carano
Step 2: Post-baccalaureates:
with our PB & Graduate Programs Advisor, Bill Hamlin to start the transcript evaluation process.
Step 3: Undergraduates and Post-baccalaureates
- Complete prescribed coursework,
earning a cumulative grade point
average of 2.75 or better
- Pass a basic skills examination: NES EAS or Praxis I or the California Basic Education Skills Test (CBEST) - no longer offered in Oregon, but still an accepted test
- Pass the Protecting Student and Civil Rights in the Educational Environment Test.
- Show documentation of two experiences
working with youths. At least one experience must be in an instructional setting
at appropriate grade level.
Both letters should be on official
letterhead, and one should be
- Review the Getting Ready to Apply Checklist.
If you meet all of the above requirements for the professional education program, then you may apply by printing the following application and submitting it to the College of Education Main office located in ED 202.
Professional Education Core Licensure Program Application Packet
Academic Advising and Learning Center
email@example.com . 503-838-8428 . Academic Programs and Support Center Room 401
Andrea Carano, Undergraduate Programs Adviser, Division of Teacher Education
firstname.lastname@example.org . 503-838-8675 . Education Building Room 114A
Bill Hamlin, Post-baccalaureate and Graduate Programs Adviser, Division of Teacher Education
email@example.com . 503-838-8704 . Education Building Room 114B
College of Education fax: 503-838-8228