WOU’s undergraduate learning outcomes (ULO’s)
ULO Assessment — Every year
Each year WOU selects an Undergraduate Learning Outcome’s for institution-wide review; all programs with learning outcomes aligned to that ULO should plan to engage in review of that outcome at that time. The General Education program will convene a campus-wide professional learning community to examine General Education outcomes aligned to the appropriate ULOs. Check course goals to see what your Primary ULOs are. You can expect calls for submissions towards middle of Fall, Winter and Spring terms. Submission due dates are typically December 31 (Fall), March 31 (Winter) and May 31 (Spring) of each year. Visit the General Education program’s Assessment page for more information.
In 2019-20, we are assessing Quantitative Literacy.
- General Education Professional Learning Community
- Chair: Dr. Erin Baumgartner (General Education Director)
- We will be emphasizing review of the General Education Learning Outcome Foundational Skills through by collecting evidence on all First Year Seminars and on General Education courses that align to this Quantitive Literacy.
- Instructions for evidence submission in 2019-20 Assessment
- Undergraduate programs that have learning outcomes aligned to Quantitative Literacy may also wish to consider examining those outcomes in depth during the 2019-20 academic year.
In 2018-19, we assessed Integrative Learning and Diversity university-wide.
- Integrative Learning Professional Learning Community
- Diversity and Global Learning Professional Learning Community:
- Information on submission status for 2018-19 assessment.
In 2017-18, we assessed Written Communication and Inquiry & Analysis university-wide.
- Inquiry and Analysis Professional Learning Community (PLC)
- Information on submission status for 2017-18 assessment.
In 2016-17, we reviewed Quantitative Literacy university-wide.
- Quantitative Literacty PLC Report (September 2017)
- Fall Campus Conversation: ULO Assessment (2016-17: Quantitative Literacy) — What next? (held on September 20, 2017)
The civic case for a liberal and transformative education
The economic case for a liberal and transformative education
Assignment Design and Library (LEAPTx )
All 16 LEAP rubrics : Helpful in thinking about other program outcomes and how to measure them